I'd love to hear from you

Email me! maryvmcclain@gmail.com

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10: Due Barzalette (2 jokes)

Nonna told me these jokes in Italian:
There were 4 men in an airplane: Lincoln, Clinton, Bush and Reagan.  Lincoln says "I want one American to be happy" so he throws a $100 bill out the window of the plane.  Reagan says "I want 10 Americans to be happy" so he throws 10-$100 bills out of the airplane.  Clinton says" I want all of the world to be happy" so he throws Bush out of the airplane!

Then, to be fair, she jokes about European leaders:

There are 6 people in an airplane; a pilot plus Obama, Sarkozy (French president), il papa` Benedictto (the pope), Berlosconi .(Italian president).  and a boy scout.  There is trouble with the plane so the pilot tells them: we must jump but I'm sorry, there are only 5 parachutes and I'm taking one.

OBama says " I am the chief of the most important country in the world", so I have to take a parachute.. so he does.
Sarcozy says: "I am the chief of the most important countty in Europe" so he takes a parachute and jumps.
Berlosconi says "I am the most intelligent of Italians" so I must save myself so he takes a parachute and jumps.

Il Papa` says to the boy scout, "I am old, you are young.  You should take the last parachute and save yourself".

The boy scout says "Don't worry, Father.  The most intelligent of Italians just took my backpack!"

It is just after lunch and time for my riposo (siesta).  Then we will take a drive to a lake.  It is grey but not raining.  I was going to write a history lesson but my priority is a nap after a lunch of delicious lasagne... (BTW: its not made with Ricotta cheese here, just mozzarella, parmasiano, ragu and a cream sauce between layers.

A presto!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment