I'd love to hear from you

Email me! maryvmcclain@gmail.com

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A book about my "adopted" family

If you enjoyed my blog, you will really enjoy this book by Mark Leslie:  Beyond the Pasta: Recipes Life and Language with an Italian Family.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Recipes-Language-Italian-Family/dp/0982102364/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284853793&sr=8-1

Its the story of a fellow American who was lucky enough to spend a month with the "my" family in Viterbo (the same course I took for 2 weeks).  I am savoring every minute of this book.  Normally I read a book in a day or two but I save this one for right before I fall asleep.  That way I will dream in Italian and imagine myself at home with Alessandra, Lillo, Nonna and Thais.  And I even want to try out the recipes (Nonna made many of these dishes for me when I was there).  Now, if you know me, you know I don't cook... but I will try them nonetheless and imagine I am there.

Last month I began my second course of college Italian.  It has been about 9 months since my last class and I haven't retained much so it is a challenge.  But maybe if I pass, I can reward myself with a trip back to Viterbo!

Ciao!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment